February 3, 2014

new years day

Like I said before, I woke up at 2pm, which if you remember is lunch time in Spain, so my eating schedule was a little messed up.
But it's ok, I still ate a lot but I was really really tired.
We ate breakfast at 2pm and at around 3:30pm we had lunch and at 5pm we met up with my godmother and went on another walking tour around Pamplona.
(By the end of this trip and posts/ I should be hired as a tour guide, with all this practice.













A Life Size Nativity Scene that lays in the barracks.
Unfortunately, my it was dark and the lights were on and my iPhone does not own the talent of taking those kinds of pictures, so it's just one big light.
So if you are wondering, it's Mary, Joseph and Jesus in the manger.




These are the three kings on their way to see sweet baby Jesus.




This above picture is of San Fermin, a famous saint in Pamplona.
The small statue stays here because during the running of the bulls, all the runners, before the bulls are let out, will take rolled up newspapers and wave them to San Fermin, asking for his help and blessing during the run of the bulls.


This is City Hall in Pamplona, lighted during Christmastime.


Entrance to city Hall

These signs were hung in balconies next to City Hall and said
"Pamplona: I like it" in three languages, which turned out to be the title of one of my Facebook albums.

This is Cafe Iruña in which you saw previously my sister, her boyfriend and I attended just 12 hours ago.
This time, it was not packed and full of drunk people, it was completely empty and filled with sober workers.

So of course we stopped for some churros con chocolate.

This is a carriage that was used during the time of the King and Queen. Kept in a hotel, people come into and out of the hotel to see this gigantic carriage. (I know it doesn't look THAT gigantic in the picture, but it was pretty big.)


Later we walked around the streets of Pamplona some more, until we stopped at our favorite bar, Bodegon Sarria and had ourselves sidra (cider), cañas and escombros.
No matter how many times I have these, I never ever get tired of them.

We then said goodbye to my godmother and returned home where we ate a little dinner and went bed at 10:30PM (I know that's like a record for me for the earliest I've gone to bed) and got prepared for the next filled day.



No comments:

Post a Comment