February 27, 2014

3.14

February 25th, 2014
Since Uppsala has (hopefully) settled into spring, the sun has started to rise early and set late which means I am woken up by the sun everyday, which brings me to Tuesday.
Tuesday, I naturally woke up at 9AM (not your usually 10:30 or 11AM), had some yogurt and watched How I Met Your Mother.
When I saw the time, I realized it was 9:30 and had 4 hours until my class was going to start. How I Met Your Mother was the only show I watch on Tuesday mornings and it was too early for me to handle a gory episode of Game of Thrones, so I decided to go for a run.
Not running in a week, really makes a difference especially when it's really windy at 10AM, so I was pretty proud of myself when I ran for 30 minutes and then walked for the rest of the way.
By the time I got home, I hopped in the shower, dried off, got dressed and had a small lunch and by the time I sat down to check the time, it was 11:15AM, I still had an hour and 45 minutes until my class started.
It was then that I learned my lesson that mornings are actually really long. I'm so used to waking up late and only having 2 hours of morning before afternoon hits and I'm up until midnight or maybe even later.
Like really, mornings are really long.
So I ended up making tea in my Starbucks Madrid coffee thermos, left my corridor at 12:35 in time to catch the 12:39 bus to school and ended up being there early which is another weird thing because I'm usually at running in the building 3 minutes before class starts. (Go me)
Two hour lecture later, I was done and quickly went home, relaxed for an hour and then met up with my friend Jenn to head to Norrlands Nation to "work" on essays and then be there for their nightly fika.
Their theme for their fika was pie, which in mathematical terms is 3.14- the title of this post.
Apple Pie and Shepard's Pie and 5 cups of coffee later, I turned up with 5 pages of notes on Integrated Communication and discussing Late Night with Seth Meyer's with my friend Sofie until 10pm when it closed which in my book, is productive. In reality, I'm actually a really bad person to study with and so are my friends, so the fact that I get work done is surprising, even for myself.

3.14

No comments:

Post a Comment