November 5, 2013

inner wonderings

Ok a little thing that came across my mind while in Berlin.
I know Berlin was a week ago, but this has been dancing in my head.
As you know from my long posts, I went and saw a movie with some friends (you know that one time I drank beer in the movie theater? That time) well the movie was Thor 2. The friends that I was with had already seen Thor 1 but I did not. But I did see the Avengers so I knew who Thor and his magical hammer was, and I knew who Loki was so I guess I was better than someone who hadn't seen either movies.
If you don't know much about Thor here are the basics (any Thor fans please correct me if I'm wrong this is only my interpretation of what I got out from the Avengers/Thor 2)

There are 9 earths/universes that are living.
Thor comes from the land of Asgard with his mother, father (who was played by Sir Anthony Hopkins) and his "brother" Loki (I don't think they are related....at least I think they aren't).
Loki is a bad guy who can't really be trusted and Thor is the good guy with the magical magnetic hammer that every time he opens is right arm the hammer magically appears, no matter where Thor is.

One of the 9 earths/universes is Earth and on this Earth, is a famous astrophysicist named Jane Foster (played by Natalie Portman) who in the first movie met Thor and they fell in love. Apparently, Foster is one of the few people who know about Thor and the 9 earths/universes as the rest of the world is completely clueless about this.
Foster, finds one earth/universe and is transported to it, where she finds this magical force like thing...it's red and and black and is called a "eretha" (Rhymes with urethra, and was convinced thats what it was called through half of the movie.....).
So Foster gets absorbed by this "eretha" and has to be sent to Asgard to be protected by Thor and his family.
While Foster is being protected they give her clothes, food and shelter in Thor's kingdom while she is there.
Now comes my question....
In one of the scenes they shoot a close up of Thor's mom face and Foster's face..
WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET THEIR JEWELRY FROM?
Like seriously, they're in space and the only building that is shown is the royal palace.
I mean do they have an outlet, an outdoor mall, a galleria or a downtown area where these people can get their jewelry?
Is there a Nordstrom, Macy's, Targét-like store in Asgard?
Do they have their own Urban Outfitters? Like Urban Asgarders?
Forever Asgard? Old Asgard? Asgard Eagle?
But I mean let's be serious, where DO they get their jewelry?
This is a serious question guys and will forever change my thoughts about superhero action movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment