November 4, 2013

berlin there done that pt4

Ok I swear this is the last Berlin post...I think, I don't know BEAR(lin) with me!
(Ok I need to stop with the Berlin puns....)

On this day we took a tour of the Museum of Communication in Berlin we were were guided by a tour guide in ear pieces.
It looked like we were all part of the Secret Service.
We had a big black round thing around our ears, that made me realize that my ears are really small and a little small black box attached to our hip.
But before we were accepted into the Secret Service we were introduced by German robots, or as I like to call them, German C3PO's

The silver one spoke Spanish and German, if this C3PO can speak Spanish and German so can I.

The yellow one was the baby of the family of C3PO's, in that it just played with that all day long.




The Gas Station looking C3PO just gave out facts in German, it was the father of the family of C3PO's


Unfortunately, I couldn't take any more pictures due to copyright reasons so this is all I could take, but there wasn't much.
The tour guide took us on a tour of a room where some of the oldest stamps were kept and then to the next floor where we saw the evolution of communication.
From telephones, to cell phones, to written letters everything from the beginning to now, technology wise, was kept here. So if you are looking for an old phone from the 70s Germany has it. 
On the top floor was a exhibit about beauty and how beauty has been interpreted throughout the years and how it is interpreted throughout the world. 
Once we were finished we were once again free to go, and what place is there in Berlin that is one of the most famous places to go to??
THE BERLIN WALL
Grabbing a quick Starbucks for the 4th time that trip and hoping on U-Bahn (or the S-bahn? I don't know) and venturing off to the Berlin Wall/ East Side Gallery.
I was excited like a little kid at Disneyland, the East Side Gallery/ Berlin Wall has been on my bucket list and was a must on things to do in Berlin! And I even wore my new dress that for that special day.




























And there's me next to the Berlin Wall next to a Berlin sign







Also Pop Culture News Update: Justin Timberlake is performing in Berlin on April 4th..just letting everyone know 

























And I touched the Berlin Wall!
If you're wondering: it was cold.









Dance to Freedom!
Reminded me of my SuperCamp days where we all danced to Freedom

And here is Sophie dancing to Freedom







At the end of the Berlin Wall was this man.
Yes he has a horse mask on his head.
Yes he is shirtless
Yes his pants are down at his ankles.
Welcome to Berlin, Germany.


After walking down the whole Berlin Wall, we once again hopped on the S-Bahn to Alexander's Plates and had some Chinese Food and stopped at a Beer Garden and enjoyed some Berliner Pilsner.
My friend Sophie who took this photo commented on my big eyes, I wasn't surprised, I have been rocking the big eyes since I was a baby.


I mean seriously look how beautiful the color is?
Hipster Beer Photo
And then my friends Sophie and Kacey took my camera... 



Auf Weidersehen
Is it bad that I know this means "Goodbye" because of Heidi Klum in Project Runway?

We love the Beer Garden!

It was then we hopped on the S-Bahn again (you see what I mean when I said that the S-bahn and the U-bahn were our best friends?) and went to Pots & Plates were we sadly split up. Kacey, had a flight to catch, Cassie went to meet up with her friend, and Sophie, Ali and I went to see the German Film museum and then to a  movie.
The German Film Museum was fortunately right in the SONY center across the movie theater so it was a perfect time killer.
And it was probably the coolest film museum ever.
These were all the pictures I could get before the body guard got made at me for taking pictures:


I mean how cool is that?
With that there was the history of German movies before, during and after the Nazi regime, famous German actors and actresses, famous German movies and the German movie industry today. Although half of it was in German, it was still pretty cool.
Once the museum tour was all done, we took a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts
Yes I went to a Dunkin Donuts in Berlin, but it had been a long time since I had been to a Dunkin Donuts so why not know.
A small cup of joe along with a vanilla and maple donut was all I needed to get me through.

And then off to the movie it was!
Fun Fact about Berlin movie theaters: YOU CAN DRINK BEER IN THE MOVIE THEATER! LIKE IT'S LEGAL!
I was just as shocked and surprised as you probably are right now.
A good German beer with a movie? 
Why yes Berlin, Danke Schön Berlin.
After the movie, we once again stopped at Starbucks (because we can't get enough of this place) we took a pit stop at Brandanburger Tor at night, because it is beautiful at night and there aren't as many tourists.



Right next to Brandan's Burger Tor at night.
Told you it was pretty at night.
And thus concluded night 4 of Berlin.
I hope I didn't lose you this post. I got one more and I swear its good.







No comments:

Post a Comment