April 8, 2014

third day's a charm

March 27th, 2014
Not as bright and early as Wednesday meeting, but still pretty early as I was up before 8AM.
Meeting our professor near Tower Bridge and exploring the observatory view, we got together and headed off to Reuters to visit their corporate offices and learn how they work.


REUTERS
Established in 1851, Reuters is an international news agency that is located on Canary Wharf in London, employing thousands of journalists and distributing news hourly and internationally.

Due to privacy reasons, I couldn't take pictures in the Reuters office so these are the only pictures I have of the lobby.

Ugh...again with the misspelling. 
Also, please mind the bad manicure.
After the tour and exploring the inside scoop of how Reuters works, we had a 4 hour break before our next tour and decided to head out to Oxford Street, which is the shopping area of London.



Once we were finished shopping, we met with our professor again to head off to BBC headquarters where I would prove my point that I am like Liz Lemon from 30 Rock.




Before you see pictures of me sitting in this chair, please watch this clip of my favorite show 30 Rock and analyze Tina Fey's awkward ways in front of the camera, as I did the same actions before I spoke in front of the camera.




I'm so happy because I successfully spun an invisible basketball.

Waving like a normal person


I'm smiling with my mouth open.


The whole gang from left to right
Amanda, Sofie, Kacey, Me, Ali, Cynthia, Jenn, Sara and Cassie


This is the radio department of BBC.
Here is what they call a radio drama, where actors come in and perform a dramatic play for radio listeners.
My friends partook in this and created a horror drama show.

Friends pictured above (minus the two guys, I don't know who they are, and nor does my friend Jenn, which is why she is making that face)

I picked up the phone call from London today and it led me to an anchor chair and a brand new dress. I think I'll be taking calls from London more often. 




No comments:

Post a Comment