March 10, 2014

wrap up

Here are some things that happened to me this week that I feel like you should know/appreciate:

1. My class that I was supposed to have on Thursday got moved to Friday morning which was no big deal. Then Friday morning came and I woke up early (7:30 AM), took my time getting ready, walked to class- because my monthly bus pass expired and now with the nice weather I walk to school- stopped at the small grocery store to get my fresh chocolate muffins on sale for 2 for $2- got coffee at school, sat down and was 30 minutes early, opened up my messages and mid way through my muffin saw that class was canceled.
Are you fuckin' (mom I'm sorry for the f-bomb) kidding me?
I was already at my building ready to go and this happened. I didn't want to walk back, because I was supposed to meet with my group at 12 and didn't want to walk back and forth so many times, but luckily I found out that my friends Kacey and Sofie were with other classmates also at the building so I just hung out with them until 12 when I had to meet with my group.
My professor ended up re-scheduling the class until today at 10AM, but then emailed us again saying she wasn't going to be there.
I swear, this professor drives me crazy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love when a class gets canceled just like the next college student does, but when you reschedule 3 times and we all have to wake up early, then it's not fun anymore.
And no, if you are wondering, this women is not named Carol, but she does need to get her shit together.

2. That same morning upset and frustrated I had to write that same professor an email asking a question about a seminar/presentation that we had to do.
Now if you have lived with me or know me well, I am not a morning person and do not function until 12PM and this is why.
While writing this important, student-professional- sounding email to this professor, I did these three things:
-Instead of writing the professor's actual name, Cecilia Strand, I wrote Dear Cecily Strong, the comedian and Weekend Update anchor on Saturday Night Live, pictured below:
Dammit. 
- Also, instead of writing the words "textbooks" and "Hollywood" I wrote the words, textBOOBS and HollyFOOD. I really should not be allowed to write important emails before 12PM.

2. That same night, I went to a corridor party to celebrate my corridor mate's birthday, who I promised to make a birthday cake, but forgot, but we're not going to mention that.

3. The next day, I met up with my friends to work on our group paper, had some late lunch/early dinner and then headed off to my friend Sofie's to celebrate her birthday which was yesterday. We went on a pub crawl to 4 pubs and I ate an entire plate of nachos.

No joke, I can eat an entire plate of nachos on my own, I'm pretty proud of this.

4. Sunday I did nothing but go to cafes and research information for my paper and admire the sun that was in Uppsala. And by admiring the sun, I mean wear a tank top in my room with the window open and not be cold even though it was in the high 40s. It was beautiful.
5. As said before, my lecture was moved to Monday, but then my professor, not Cecily Strong, emailed the class in the morning stating she wasn't going to be there and that there was going to be a substitute lecturer. But I didn't go, not because of my frustration, because I had scheduled to work at a nation, because I wasn't supposed to have class today.
I started work at 10:30AM and finished at 3:30PM. I cut vegetables and made a carrot cake where I had to times the recipe by 5.
Have you ever had to times a recipe by 5? Like you see the batter get bigger and bigger and start to scare yourself and the people around you?
Yeah, it was pretty scary.

And that's a wrap of my days, I hoped you enjoyed it and got frustrated just like I did. 
Also, this is my new jam that I enjoy and fell in love with Paul Rudd.





No comments:

Post a Comment