March 4, 2014

the letter A

Let me tell you wht hppened t work tody nd why there is missing letter in this post.
Sturdy ws csul in tht I worked Lördsdg fik t Norrlnds Ntion.
I ws in chrge of bred nd getting them redy for mking sndwiches. Prt of the process is cutting the bred so tht we could put the filling nd dried mets nd such in them. In the midst of cutting the bgel with the newly shrped bred knife, somehow my finger nd the knife slipped nd I ended up cutting the tip of my pinky finger. Since, I've cut my finger before vrious times in the short yers I've been cooking, I just thought it ws just the norml cut.
Nope.
While my wonderful friend from Bkersfield, Kcey, ws helping me put pressure on my finger nd finding the first id kit, I looked t the wound nd sw tht I cut the piece of skin off on the tip nd the piece of skin ws hnging off my finger still ttched. Not wnting to bother it or do nything to it (lso becuse I'm not studying to be nurse or ny form of medicl field) my friend Kcey wrpped it up s bst s she could, with the substitue bnd-ids for tpe.
For the rest of the dy, I hd to wer the glove tht ws the size too big for my finger nd hd to wer it bckwrds so it looked like I hd the hnd of Mickey Mouse the whole work shift. Couple of hours lter I went to chnge the wound. My boss cme in the cfe to check it out nd sid tht I hd to go to the emergency room becuse she thought I would need stitches. I freked out. Even thought I'm 20 yers old, I don't like hospitls nd the thought of getting stitches scred me.
I hd to go regrdless.
My boss ended up coming with me to show me where the hospitl ws, which ws surprisingly only 20 minute wlk.
20 minute wit lter, it ws my turn to see the nurse. Unwrpping the guze, the pin of my finger ws coming bck. She nlyzed it, sked wht hppened nd fter sid the most soothing words I needed to her:
" You don't need stitches"
I brethed, the only thing she needed to do ws to cut off the piece of skin tht ws still ttched, wrp it up tightly in guze nd tpe nd then recommended me to chnge it frequently if needed.
If you re ever so curious to know wht my finger looked like, this is the only picture tht I could tke of my finger: (note: there will be grphic imges- There Will Be Blood )
See tht piece of chunk on the left?
Tht's my skin tht I sliced off
(I pologize for the grphic imge, but I knew tht some people re into this kind of stuff nd might be curious.
I'm just trying to stisfy people of ll rnges here on this blog.

This is my finger, not grphic, wrpped up clenly nd protected. The sweet nurse gve me plenty of guze nd lce tpe for my finger for the next couple of dys.
She did mentioned, however, tht when showering, I would hve to wrp my finger in plstic so it doesn't get wet.
Which brings me to my next mini-post within this post:
SHOWERING WITH N INJURED FINGER
Mondy night:
My norml shower routine goes like this:
1. Strt the shower to get the wter the right temperture, even though I end up plying with it when I get in.
2. Grb my towe nd undress
3. Spend 5 minutes picking the right song to enter the shower into - it's crucil
4. Enter shower, ply with the temperture- enter into deep thoughts
Mondy's routine went differently.
Before I even strted the shower, I spent 20 minutes thinking of one wy to wrp my finger. 
I didn't hve ny plstic bgs in my room nor plstic wrp. The only thing I could find in my kitchen ws luminum foil, which I wsn't sure if it would work. So I ended up tking one plstic pkge nd wrpping it round my finger with one rubber bnd. The end product of it reminded me of the dress my girl Jennifer Lwrence wore in the 2013 Golden Globes:
 
I men who wore it best? Let's be rel.
The plstic ended up filing, but luckily I decided to chnge the guze fter my shower, which the process looked like I ws going to conduct surgery, which lter mde me regret not pying ttention to the show ER when I ws little.
The operting sttion. 
Note: the thing on my injured pinky is now the scr, nd I ws not bleeding, tht is one piece of cloth tht the nurse put on, so the wound would not stick to the guze, it's just dried blood on it , tht's it.

My ttmept t wrpping my finger. I'm ctully quite proud of this, for only studying Medi nd hiding behind one pillow during episodes of ER when I ws little.
The nurse sid my finger would hel in couple of weeks, so hopefully when I go to London (oh did I forget tht I'm going to London for one week t the end of the month? yeh...i m) you will not see this white cst round my finger, but probbly some mustche bndges my sister bought for me before I left. Until then, if the letter A does not pper in some letters in future posts, tht is why. I hope you didn't hve much trouble reding this s I hd trouble typing this.



No comments:

Post a Comment