January 23, 2014

no plastic spatulas

December 27th, 2013
Slowly walking out of the restaurant and taking our time, we walked out the Prague Castle area and admire the view below:


Isn't Prague so......colorful?

Walking down below from the view, we headed towards the famous Charles Bridge.



 Fun fact; Prague sells products with marijuana in them...and I only thought this existed in Amsterdam

And if you are wondering....no I did not buy any of it..I just took pictures of it











A note about Charles Bridge:
One of the most famous monuments in Prague filled with crazy statues and a beautiful view of the river and of the architecture, it is a place where people get pic-pocketed. 
Coming from a small city, where the only thing that gets stolen is bikes, I was terrified of getting pick-pocketed. Having only my iPhone and my Canon camera on me, I hung on both of those for dear life.
If you ever get the chance to go to Prague and then Charles Bridge, hold on to everything for dear life.




















 Also, if you look closely, there are tons of people on the Bridge stopping and taking pictures which is why it makes sense that it is one of the places that has pick-pocketers.
Luckily, my iPhone and my Canon made it safe, and so did all of our other things.
Passing the bridge we returned to the Christmas markets, did a little shopping around and ate more Christmas market food.
Bombardino is a type of Prague drink sold during Christmastime that is the orange version of eggnog.
Daniel bought the bombardino wanting to try it and enjoyed it.


Trydlnjk (or as me and my sister call it Trudells- we don't know Czech and that was the closest thing we could come up with)
Trudells' are basically a big hollow churro that is light and fluffy and cooked over a charcoal fire. 
A treat that is also served during Christmastime. 




Now story time.
As told before, during my Berlin trip we associated food with the German street names as none of us knew German. Since it was so successful, I decided to use it for Czech streets since none of us knew Czech.
I got made fun of.
We were on our way to a restaurant for our last Czech meal and had to figure out our way from the Christmas market to the restaurant.
Now once again myself and Daniel being good map readers we figured out our way, however, since neither of us knew Czech I changed the street names to make them easier.
Example : NĂ¥ Plastadsoidfhi Spatkdshfosnelk (That's not how it was spelled but I'm pretty sure that thats's how it was pronounced) was No Plastic Spatulas
No Plastic Spatulas was the name of the street that the restaurant was called and the title of this post.
And it was because of no plastic spatulas that we were able to find our way to the restaurant where....now get ready...THE ANTHONY BOURDAIN SAT.
Yes, THE Anthony Bourdain, the main who inspired me and millions of people to come to Prague, drink beer and die of a food coma filled with meat.
This couldn't have been more exciting.



This is the beer that is served in the restaurant. 
Budweiser Budvar. Now let me make a disclaimer. This is not the American version of Budweiser which is drank at BBQs and college parties and has the taste of water.
This is a dark version of Budweiser which is the original Budweiser that Americans took and made their own.
This is 10x better than Budweiser, and with some goulash and bread dumplings.
Ugh, perfect meal= Czech!

Ending with a nice cup of latte and ending the final night in Prague, we were off to Madrid/Pamplona the next day and begin another round of adventure.

Czech you later Prague, it was nice to prague-ress forward in your city during my abroad excursions.


























No comments:

Post a Comment