January 27, 2014

mah-dreed pt. dos

December 29th, 2013
Bright and early around 9am we were out the hotel door to explore Madrid before the 6pm train to Pamplona.
A sunny (is it weird to write the word "sunny" down? Like is it un-California of me to see that word and have a weird reaction to it? Am I spending too much time in the dark, cold Swedish country? I don't know, you tell me)
...a sunny and beautiful day we ventured off to explore the main parts of Madrid and stop for a jamón sandwich and some beer.








Also, fun fact, I'm like really into clocks now. I had no idea they were so cool looking. 
Like really, they are really cool looking.




This was a pink bus stopped at a stoplight, that's name was A. Blue which confused me because as you see, the bus is pink.

























Seriously, like how cool are clocks? 
Am I right? or Am I right?


Jamón Sandwich
Spanish fact #3 To order beer you don't say "Cerveza" it's
Caña- for a regular glass of beer
Mini- for a glass with half a beer
Sorbecito- A sip of beer
So this picture above is a Caña with a jamón sandwich.
And then around 4pm we were back in our hotel, packing the last minute things in our suitcases, checked out, got another taxi to the Madrid train station (as pictured below) and then to hop on a 3 hour train ride to Pamplona

This is the Madrid Train Station which reminds me a little of the Rainforest Cafe. 
 3 hours later..we settled into Pamplona, reunited with my godparents and aunt and uncle, and then later stuffed my face with more red wine, jamón, chorizo, bread, cheese, turron (which I will explain later) and chocolate.
And then later unpacked and got to put my clothes in a closet (which after 4 days of traveling and living off of a suitcase, this little thing like putting your clothes in a closet was a big deal)

Next stop...a Pamplona hemos de ir





No comments:

Post a Comment