September 8, 2013

sniffleupogus

What did I do my first weekend off from my first week of Swedish school?
Stay home because I was sick and dying.
Ok, not literally dying but I felt like it.
But yes, I was sick. Apparently there is like a fat sick bug going around Uppsala because me and the rest of the students here are getting sick, so I wasn't alone, which made me feel better (mentally, not physically).
I debated whether or not I should go out on Friday night, but then my sinuses started to act up and I ended up getting 4 hours of sleep, so there went my Friday night. And I'm pretty sure I didn't leave my housing village on Saturday because I was so sick, I did, however, go to the grocery store to get OJ and soup and that was a struggle bus.
First, everybody was at the grocery store because the majority of the baskets were gone and everywhere I went, I ran into people and got claustrophobic while searching for soup in the soup aisle.
Also not to mention that there is a small hill going to and from the grocery store. That hill is hell when you are sick, I was sweating bullets.
But after a bowl of soup and toast, with some tea and about 10 episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? I'm feeling decently better. Let's just hope it stays that way this week, cuz this whole staying in my building and not seeing the light of day is just not the bizz yo. I need my Swedish air.

But on the good side, I'm going to Berlin. In October, for "educational" reasons.
No, I'm just joking. But I really am going to Berlin for educational reasons.  So from October 28th-November 1st, I will be strolling in Berlin learning about German media, drinking German beer, eating German food, attempting to speak German and "partying so hard over there, it will be crazy!"

Shake- The Head and the Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment