September 5, 2013

impressions

It is said that "first impressions are important", which I guess is true in some cases and false in others, in my situation, however, first impressions are awkward.

Story time:
It's the third day of class and we were discussing articles that groups have read and representing them on poster.
A certain group's poster was two people watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians and how it portrayed society watching aimless TV shows and brainwashing them.
My professor however, did not know who the Kardashians was and asked for some clarification.
This is when I came into the picture. My explanation:
"Well, the father of the Kardashian family was OJ Simpson's lawyer and one of the daughters....uh...well, she's famous for making a sex tape."
::enter awkward silence::
Professor: "ok then...::blah blah blah blah blah:: watching TV shows about people making sex tapes"
And there goes the first impression on America and on myself.
I could have said that the daughter is married to Kanye West and not made an awkward impression of myself, instead I went straight into the sex tape.
I should really think before I talk, it could go a long way and save me from awkward moments and awkward first impressions.

Touch The Sky-Kanye West (Cuz I mean he's married to the girl who made that sex tape....)

No comments:

Post a Comment