August 20, 2013

send me on my way

The title says it all.
Send me on my way.
In approximately 2.5 hours, I will be running around my house getting everything together, then driving 2.5 hours to the airport where at 8AM, I will embark on my journey to Sweden.
It's been one hell of a ride to get here, but worth it.
Yes, I have been stressing and yes I have exaggerated the process a tiny bit, but looking back, it was worth it. All that running around, stressing, panic attacks and tiring out my shoes, was all worth it. I got new pairs of shoes and I feel a little more relaxed and confident.
Now don't get me wrong, inside, I'm flipping out like crazy and screaming and will be a hot mess on the plane ride from San Francisco to Stockholm, but I know that the moment I step out of the bus and onto Uppsala turf, I will have the dorkiest, biggest smile any Swedish person will have ever seen.
Literally.
People have asked me how I have felt these past couple of days and in all honesty, it's indescribable.
This is how I can explain it.

Imagine the biggest goal, you want to accomplish. Like the biggest goal that lingers in the back of your mind and when it pops up, you go "no, that's too big, it seems impossible." That goal. Bring it out.
Now imagine if you could fulfill that goal. You're given a date and were told "on such and such date you will fulfill that goal" That date seems so far away that you think it will never come.
That day has come. You are fulfilling that goal. It's the night before and you are finally accomplishing it. You get to do that.
That's me right now. I am now accomplishing my goal of going to a foreign country on my own and completely immersing myself in something I have never done. Surrounding myself in a culture that is completely new and stepping out of my comfort zone, big time.
This is my goal and I'm doing it.

So as I leave my home that is California, United States, I leave you with this.
That goal that you have in your head....the one that lingers and seems impossible. DO IT. Activate it and DO IT. Just do it okay? For me. Believe me, it will all be worth it.

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

Sight Of The Sun- Fun.

Peace out 'Murica. See you in 8 months.
Don't go too crazy.

1 comment:

  1. That was so beautifully said :) You are amazing and I cannot wait to hear all about your fabulous stories! Take TONS of pictures (*Don't have to worry telling you this )but I can't wait to see and hear all about this adventure!
    Be safe! Have fun! & Keep writing! (*I like creeping! hehe)

    ReplyDelete