May 21, 2013

almost there..

BIG NEWS!
I have officially been accepted to Uppsala University! (Bahh!!!!)
But I know what you are thinking, "what weren't you accepted before? did we already know that you were going to Sweden? Isn't this the purpose of this blog?"
Well a little minor information that I forgot to mention was that upon my acceptance, Uppsala University (the university I will attend) had to send me an acceptance letter to finalize my acceptance.
I know it seems weird, I have to get 2 acceptances in order to go.
Like, super bummer and unfair for those who get a rejection after getting accepted.



EVEN BIGGER NEWS!!!!
THERE IS A WAFFLE DAY IN SWEDEN! I REPEAT THERE IS A WAFFLE DAY IN SWEDEN!
ALL OF MY DREAMS AND HOPES AND WISHES CAME TRUE AND LIFE IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN BEFORE.
Like seriously, guys this is bigger than my acceptance. Like you don't even know.
I have found my country, and an apology to Spain but you need a waffle day, it's necessary.
I got excited like I did when I first got my letter.
Waffle Day: March 25th.
And fun part is, is that there is a logical reason for having waffle day, it's not just a day for funsies it's like legit.
REASON AS TO WHY SWEDEN HAS A WAFFLE DAY:
Since 500 years after Christ Christians have celebrated a feast day for the Holy Mary. This day is celebrated nine months before Christmas – around the 25 March. “Our Lady” is “vår Fru” in Swedish and the common belief is that a misconception of hearing among the Swedish people transformed “vår fru” into “våfflor”, which means waffles in Swedish, and suddenly the Swedes had their very own Waffle Day.
^ See guys it's like legit.^
I will be there. I will be making waffle. It will be the biggest waffle apocalypse Uppsala has ever seen. Like ever. I will be famous in Uppsala and my legacy will be "the girl who makes the delicious waffles" which from Google Translate means: "flickan som gör läckra våfflor". (<----that's me)

But anyhow, I have been officially accepted and after receiving my packet, I did three things
1. Watch an episode of The Office (cuz I was in the middle of an episode while getting the mail and had to finish it)
2. Made a Swedish dessert which will be mentioned below.
3. Hopped on my bed and looked at pictures of Uppsala University and rolled around my bed hopping that some sort of Swedish aliens will abduct me and take me to Uppsala now, or time travel to August 20th to the airport to go to Sweden, either one is fine with me.

But neither of those happened, sadly. I was still on my bed, in my PJs at 2pm with pictures of the university still on my computer.  And then I stuffed my face with the Swedish dessert I made:

Chokladboll (English: Chocolate Balls)
3 1/4 cup of oats
1 1/4 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of cold coffee
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2/3 cup of butter
6 tablespoons of cocoa
Shredded coconut (or what I used shredded white chocolate)

Mix oats, sugar, vanilla, and cocoa in a large bowl.

Using hands or potato masher, incorporate butter into dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency.

Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.

Fill a small bowl with shaved white chocolate.

With hands, roll the dough into 1 inch balls.

Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.

Chokladbolls.

Also here is a picture of Uppsala University.
Your Welcome.

Food: Balls I just showed you
Song: Old Pine (Peking Duk Remix) - Ben Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment